- The FarmReady Hub accreditation program is a vital tool in ensuring that agriculture has a resourced, fit-for-purpose workforce that is responsive to technological advances and will immediately contribute to the productivity of the sector. Read QFF’s Queensland Country Life column HERE.
- “If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that our resilient, collaborative, and considered approach (within and beyond industry) in all that we do has vast economic and environmental opportunities for Queensland’s agricultural sector.” Read more from QFF CEO Dr Georgina Davis as we look ahead to this New Year HERE.
- Register now for the Future Waste Resources 2021 Convention from 1 – 3 March 2021 on the Gold Coast hosted by the Waste Recycling Industry Association Queensland, QFF and the Australian Industrial Ecology Network. For more information and to register, click HERE.
- Are you passionate about agriculture and making a difference for the future of the Great Barrier Reef? Eight paid positions are available in host organisations across the GBR catchments through the Agriculture Work Placement Program. Apply by the 21 of January HERE.
- Queensland’s sugarcane growers ended the year on a high the after 600th cane farm business was independently assessed as operating at or above industry best practice under the acclaimed Smartcane BMP Read more from QFF industry member CANEGROWERS HERE.
- With Reef regulations coming into effect in the Burdekin and Wet Tropics last month, eligible sugarcane, banana and beef cattle producers can access a Farming in Reef Catchment rebate of up to $1,000 to help offset the costs of obtaining professional and agronomic advice to manage nutrient and sediment run-off. Details HERE.
- The ACCC recently published the Dairy Code: Initial Observations on Compliance report one year since the Dairy Code of Conduct came into effect and six months since processors were required to publish their standard form milk supply agreements. Read the report HERE.
- The Regional Investment Corporation has launched the AgriStarter Loan to support new farmers to purchase, establish or develop their first farm business, or assist existing farm businesses with succession planning. For details and to apply, click HERE.
- The GasFields Commission Queensland has released the ‘Gas Guide 2.0’ to assist landholders in understanding their rights. It covers everything from awarding exploration permits, land access and making good agreements, to gas field rehabilitation. Download your copy HERE.
- The next generation farmers who desire to own their farm have the opportunity to pitch to a panel of investors in April 2021 through Cultivate Farm’s farm ownership program; Cultivator. For more information about the program, click HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.