- In celebrating Queensland Women’s Week and International Women’s Day, QFF recognises the significant yet often unrecognised contributions women play in the state’s agriculture sector. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- A land rent reprieve has been extended for flood affected landholders in the Burke, Croydon, Etheridge, Torres and Torres Strait Island Regional Council areas, deferring an extra $1.4 million in payments. For more information, visit the Farmer Disaster Support website HERE.
- QFF is looking for a Water Policy Adviser to join our team. This role will be accountable for policy regarding water reforms as they affect QFF member industries and the wider intensive agricultural sector. More information HERE.
- The Reef Alliance E-Newsletter Summer Edition is now available! Stay up-to-date with the latest news from our partners including a new TechConnect Hub and bio-fertiliser trials to improve the health of the Great Barrier Reef. Read more HERE.
- QFF industry member CANEGROWERS has welcomed Coca-Cola Amatil’s commitment to buying 100% sustainably accredited sugar for their non-alcoholic beverage range in Australia. It’s great news for the industry and the Smartcane BMP accredited growers. Details HERE.
- The value of farm production is expected to decline by 4 per cent to $58 billion in 2018-19 due to drought, according to the latest Agricultural Commodities report launched by ABARES. Read the report HERE.
- 1.03 million landowners in 18 local government areas across the state have been issued with new land valuations. These local government areas represent approximately 60 per cent of all properties in Queensland. Find more information about land valuations and yours HERE.
- Last chance to submit your presentation addressing raw materials, technologies, markets and end users to the National Symposium on the Beneficial Use of Recycled Organics running from 20-21 June 2019. Submissions close Friday 15 March 2019. More information HERE.
- The Australian Farmers for Climate Action’s Managing Climate Risk in Agriculture Conference next month is a unique opportunity to build increased resilience and climate smart agricultural practices on the basis of good science and solid evidence. For more information or to purchase your ticket click HERE.
- Join the Queensland Agriculture Workforce Network in the coming months as they travel across the state delivering one-day informative workshops focusing on workplace relations, understanding labour hire licensing and workplace health and safety. For more information and to register, click HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.