- QFF is encouraging Queensland farmers to attend the Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture (GFIA) In Focus Australia event on 27-28 November at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. QFF media statement HERE.
- Dam safety is a community benefit and the upgrades provide no additional benefit to irrigators, therefore they should not be expected to contribute to the dam safety upgrade capital expenditure. QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- The latest Energy Savers e-newsletter is now available. Stay up-to-date with the latest news including irrigation energy efficiency tips and subsidised energy management training run by the Energy Efficiency Council HERE.
- Are you passionate about agriculture and making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef? This is your opportunity to be mentored by experienced experts to gain skills and support primary producers located throughout the Reef catchments. Details HERE.
- QFF industry member Growcom has welcomed ongoing Australian Government funding for the Fair Farms initiative, giving growers the tools they need to treat their workers fairly and restoring confidence to customers and the wider community. More HERE.
- QFF industry member Pork Queensland and their producers have been facing a tough time recently. Consumers can help by getting some pork on their fork! Find great pork recipes, hints and guides and learn how to choose Australian pork HERE.
- Consumer research shows myths persist about how meat chickens are housed and looked after in Australia. Peak body Australian Chicken Meat Federation has set the record straight with Chook Chat. Read the article HERE.
- The Queensland Government is investing millions of dollars to help producers better manage drought and climate events with new tools including more reliable forecasting, insurance products and customised climate information. More HERE.
- The theme for Australian Food Safety Week (10-17 November 2018) is ‘Food Poisoning – take it seriously!’ Make sure you’re washing your hands properly, using a thermometer for safe cooking and know at what temperature your food should be stored HERE.
- The Central Highlands Development Corporation’s Paddock to Port Supply Chain Forum on November 15 will inform Central Queensland producers and agribusinesses about new levels of supply chain connectivity created through improved shipping services and infrastructure. Register to attend HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.