- As the 2018 Commonwealth Games conclude, spectators should pause for a moment and consider our farmers who are quietly kicking their own goals. Our farmers are deservedly on top of the medal tally! Read the QFF QCLcolumn HERE.
- QFF industry member CANEGROWERS has invited Prince Charles to visit a modern sugarcane farm following comments about the use of banned chemicals impacting the Great Barrier Reef. Read their statement HERE.
- The Council of Mayors Darling Downs & South West Queensland is backing the QFF’s call for a rethink of the proposed changes to Queensland’s vegetation management laws. More HERE.
- New Rural Flying Doctor Service research reveals remote Australians are 1.3 times more likely to die from heart disease than those living in major cities. Read QFF President Stuart Armitage’s own heart health experience HERE.
- Primary Producers in the Bundaberg and North Burnett Regional Council areas will now have until 20 July 2018 to apply for Category C Recovery Grants following damage caused by severe weather in October last year. More details HERE.
- Small Businesses in the Hinchinbrook Shire Council and the Cassowary Coast and Cairns Regional Council areas can access Category B disaster relief following the recent heavy rains and flooding. More information HERE.
- Have your say on the revised draft plans for the Queensland’s Murray Darling Basin catchments at one of five public information sessions. More details HERE.
- After 100 years of dairying at the family farm, Susan and Andy Shay decided to give free-range chickens a go and established Bromelton Free Range Poultry Farm. Read about their operation HERE.
- The Australian Organics Recycling Association (AORA)invite you to attend their Annual Conference in Brisbane next month. Register HERE.
- Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers (BFVG) is hosting a Future Farming Masterclass to showcase exciting new developments with practical application on vegetable farms. More details HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.