- QFF has acknowledged the increased spending in the agriculture portfolio in last week’s 2019-20 State Budget but has questioned some of the government’s funding choices as the sector continues to lose value. Read the media statement HERE.
- QFF CEO Travis Tobin spoke to The Rural News following the budget last week and identified a lack of funding to grow the industry in the future. If you missed the interview, listen HERE.
- Numbers can be useful, but they can also be misleading when reflecting on the ‘health’ of the agriculture sector. Ultimately, our collective goal should be on realising productive, profitable and sustainable farm businesses and industries. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- The latest Reef Alliance ‘Reliable 5’ is now available! Stay up-to-date with the latest reef news and events including cane growers taking advantage of whole-farm nutrient management plans and your last chance to explore the Great Barrier Reef with scUber. Check it out HERE.
- Ahead of the reintroduction of a waste levy next month, join the Department of Environment and Science at information sessions across Queensland for businesses and community organisations with experts on hand to discuss implementation of the levy and compliance. Details HERE.
- The Regional Investment Corporation has launched its first disaster recovery loan – the AgRebuild Loan (North Qld flood). For more info, RIC staff will be on ground & up for a chat at the upcoming Cloncurry & District Show & the Richmond Field Days. More information about loans for farmers HERE.
- Congratulations to Are you Bogged Mate? for coming runner-up at the Australian Men’s Health Forum’s Queensland Men’s Health Awards last week! They were recognised for confronting the challenges that country men face and lighting the path to support.
- Last chance to register for the National Symposium on the Beneficial Use of Recycled Organics. The event will be held in Brisbane from 20-21 June 2019 and focus on the application of recycled organics in agriculture, mining, urban environments and infrastructure. Details HERE.
- Join the Central Highlands Development Corporation for their Paddock to Port Tour from 1-4 July 2019. Learn about the new levels of supply chain connectivity that are creating opportunities for Qld producers and agribusiness across diverse markets. Register HERE.
- Agriculture’s changing risk exposure will be the focus of the Australian Farm Institute‘s mid-year conference in Brisbane 26–27 June. QFF CEO Travis Tobin and other industry experts will discuss how the ag sector can mitigate these range of risks. Register HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.