- Queensland is rich in agricultural, mineral and fuel resources. At times, this creates coexistence challenges for the agriculture sector and the gas industry to manage the interaction between these critical industries. Read QFF’s Queensland Country Life column HERE.
- Research has been completed to provide a better understanding of systemic weather risks with agricultural and weather event data from Australia. Check out the reports written by our crop insurance project partners, the University of Southern Queensland, HERE.
- Are you a farmer growing or producing food, fibre or foliage in Queensland? The new Grown in Queensland initiative has been launched to assist consumers to identify and purchase your produce. For more information and to get involved click HERE.
- Applications are now open for the Gary Sansom Scholarship, an annual award funded by the AgriFutures Australia Chicken Meat Program, supported by industry and named in honour of the former QFF President and Life Member. For more information or to apply click HERE.
- From 6pm Monday 11 January to 1am Friday 22 January 2021 eased restrictions are in place for the Greater Brisbane region. See Queensland’s Roadmap to Easing COVID-19 restrictions and the current level of restrictions HERE.
- The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a cyclone warning for Port Douglas to Ayr and inland to Mareeba and Atherton, including Cairns and Townsville as Tropical Cyclone Kimi approached the North Queensland coast. The system is expected to intensify further during today and cross the coast late today or early Tuesday. Details HERE.
- The final report of the ACCC’s three year Northern Australia Insurance Inquiry shows that home, contents and strata insurance premiums are, on average, considerably higher in northern Australia than the rest of the country. Read the report HERE.
- The Coles Nurture Fund is supporting small to medium Australian producers, farmers and manufacturers to develop new market-leading products, technologies, systems and processes. Applications open on 27 January and close 19 March 2021. More details HERE.
- Calling all farmers! Are you interested in earning $175 for sharing your thoughts on farming, the ag industry and agricultural insurance? Simply have a 1-1.5 hour conversation with a research consultant. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0425 397 550 to lock it in.
- Meat and Livestock Australia has launched its Summer Lamb campaign for 2021, reuniting the nation in a not so distant future. This summer, Aussie Lamb is a beacon of hope and a reminder that no matter what challenges we face, Australians are stronger together! Watch HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.