- QFF will partner with the Great Barrier Reef Foundation to deliver two new water quality projects that will support the efforts of farmers and others working with the agricultural sector to safeguard the future of the Reef. QFF’s media statement HERE.
- Regulation is a high cost, simplistic instrument that supports minimum standards of compliance at the expense of true practice change. It does not encourage a culture of innovation and excellence, which for the Reef’s sake, is what we need. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- Are you passionate about policy and the role it can play in advancing agriculture? QFF is looking for a Water Policy Adviser to join our team to advance water reforms as they affect QFF member industries and the intensive agricultural sector. Apply HERE.
- Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants of $50,000 are available for eligible small businesses and not for profits organisations in flood affected areas of north Queensland. For more information, visit the Farmer Disaster Support website HERE.
- QFF industry member Growcom has welcomed the addition of skilled agricultural occupations to the Regional Occupation List but continues to call for an Agricultural Visa to match international workers with low skilled jobs farmers need filled. Details HERE.
- QFF industry member Cotton Australia has called the Australia Institute’s ‘Owing down the river’ report an “ill-informed attack on Australia’s world-leading cotton industry” in the Murray-Darling Basin. Read their media release HERE.
- Congratulations to QFF industry member CANEGROWERS who recently won the Excellence in Sugarcane Sustainability Communications Award at the 2019 Bonsucro Inspire Awards for their Cane to Coast feature which shares stories about their dedicated and innovative members.
- The Australian Government is offering grants of up to $1 million for innovative solutions to build Australia’s biosecurity capabilities and better manage risks associated with hitchhiker pests and disease. Applications close Wednesday, 17 April 2019. Details HERE.
- The state government has released the Queensland Freight Strategy – Advancing Freight in Queensland which sets a vision for Queensland’s freight system, guiding policy, planning and investment decision making for the next ten years. Read the Strategy HERE.
- Landholders in Cecil Plains, Chinchilla, St George and Roma are invited to attend information sessions provided by the Land Access Ombudsman, the Gasfields Commission Queensland and the Land Court of Queensland this week. Register to attend and learn about your land access dispute resolution options HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.