- If Reef regulations are passed by Parliament there will be a degree of disillusionment and disengagement across agriculture. At a time when we all need to be pulling in the same direction, this is something the Reef can ill afford. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- CANEGROWERS and their members have taken to television to tell the State Government its plan to ramp up regulation on their farms is not going to guarantee any benefit to the Great Barrier Reef. Catch the commercial on your television or watch the longer online video HERE.
- The Rural Jobs and Skills Alliance (RJSA) celebrated National Science Week last week by answering your questions about the many and varied career opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) offered by the agriculture sector. Watch the video HERE.
- The RJSA recently again met with the Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges (QATC) and the QATC Transition Project Management Office to continue the discussion about potential training delivery gaps in the regionally-based satellite hubs arising directly from the QATC closure. Find out more about the process HERE.
- “It’s going to have, and has had, a pretty lasting effect on rural communities.” QFF Project Manager Ross Henry told AAP as Queenslanders are being told to brace for another hot and dry summer, with little respite expected for drought-hit farmers. Read the story HERE.
- A WA pork producer has received serious penalties for illegally importing boar semen over eight years, putting the pork industry at risk. Everyone has a biosecurity responsibility and must play their part to ensure they’re minimising their risk. or face tough penalties where they fail to comply. Details HERE.
- The Australian Taxation Office is to continuing provide assistance to those affected by the flooding in North Queensland. People having trouble with their tax or super affairs, can call the ATO on 1800 806 218 so they can help you find a solution. More information HERE.
- The Queensland Government is developing an Energy-from-Waste Policy. A discussion paper to inform the policy is now available for feedback with stakeholder consultation workshops in Gladstone and Toowoomba later this month to introduce the discussion paper and identify concerns. Register HERE.
- The inaugural National Renewables in Agriculture Conference and Expo will be held on 14 November in Wagga bringing together farmers, agribusiness and renewables experts including QFF’s Dr Georgina Davis, to share their expertise of on-farm renewables. Register HERE.
- Join Nuffield Australia for their National Conference in Brisbane from 17-21 September. The event will showcase the 2018 Scholars’ ability to learn from farmers around the globe and sow the seeds of change that see individuals, businesses and wider industry flourish. Details HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.