- For the sake of all people who live in the Murray-Darling Basin and rely on its rivers, a blame game fuelled by emotive language and uninformed opinion is particularly unhelpful and there is no place for it. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- Are you passionate about agriculture and making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef? This is your opportunity! Six paid positions are available in different host organisations across the Great Barrier Reef catchments for 12 months. Applications close Tuesday, 5 February 2019, submit yours HERE.
- The latest Reef Alliance ‘Reliable 5’ is now available! Stay up-to-date with the latest reef news and events including the Great Barrier Reef Foundation‘s Investment Strategy, a graduate reef extension program and the upcoming Reef extension think tank HERE.
- QFF, AgForce Queensland, the Bureau of Meteorology and the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries are holding a series of workshops in February on climate and weather risks, seasonal outlooks and weather forecasting for primary producers and service providers in Rockhampton, Taroom and Gayndah. Register HERE.
- QFF member Cotton Australia’s CEO Adam Kay has put the facts on the table about water regulation, irrigated agriculture, and why we grow cotton in Australia. Read the story HERE and be sure to share the facts HERE and HERE.
- Dairy farmers, processors and stakeholders are invited to have their say on the draft mandatory dairy code of conduct that was released last week. More information about the code and consultations can be found on the Have Your Say website HERE.
- The LNP has called for a suite of new electricity tariffs that appropriately reflect the diverse needs of modern agricultural production in the state. QFF remains concerned farmers are being left in the dark with less than 18 months until the end of transitional and obsolete electricity tariffs in 2020. QCL story HERE.
- The Queensland Competition Authority intends to conduct regional workshops on the 2020-24 irrigation pricing review in late January and early February 2019. Check out the tentative workshop schedule HERE and register here for a workshop in your area by 23 January 2019 HERE.
- The Office of the Great Barrier Reef has launched a survey for agricultural extension officers to get a better understanding of how scientific research is used and how to increase the impact of research and improve engagement. Complete the survey HERE.
- Industry, academia and plastic experts will come together at the Challenging Plastics: The PVC Forum on Tuesday, 19 February 2019 to collectively identify the challenges associated with the recovery and reuse of PVC in Queensland. Register to attend HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.