- The current trespass law does not meet the expectations of farmers and the community in punishing and preventing animal activist invasions and does not reflect the economic and social risks to farming businesses and their families. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- QFF industry member, CANEGROWERS has united behind the government’s escalation of action against illegal Indian sugar subsidies by joining with Brazil and Guatemala to lodge a joint request with the World Trade Organisation’s Dispute Settlement Body. Details HERE.
- Time is running out to buy your tickets to the 2019 Australian Cotton Collective! The Collective will be held in Griffith, New South Wales, on July 24th and 25th, and will bring Australia’s cotton industry together for a series of informative speaker sessions, panel forums and a trade show. Buy your tickets HERE.
- This week is National Farm Safety Week designed to raise awareness of farm safety issues and highlight practical steps farmers can take to improve work health and safety on farms. See details on how you can get involved and manage your farm safely HERE.
- Women & Leadership Australia have released another round of scholarship funding for farming women.The initiative is providing women with grants of between $3,000 and $7,000 to enable participation in one of three leadership programs. Expressions of Interest are being sought until 13 September HERE.
- Don’t forget to register for Food Innovation Australia Limited and the Australian Alliance for Energy Productivity’s briefing on 23 July focussing on reducing costs, increasing profits and supporting sustainability on farm. For more information or to register, click HERE.
- Last chance to to register for the Rural Jobs and Skills Alliance and TAFE Queensland‘s two-day digital innovation in agriculture workshop in Dalby beginning July 25. The workshop will provide farmers and workers in the agriculture sector with the knowledge and confidence to implement agtech solutions to increase efficiency and productivity. Details HERE.
- Are you interested in exporting fresh and packaged products but are not sure how this can be done in the current or indeed digital age? FNQ Growers is hosting a half-day training session for horticulture producers and export supply chain members on emerging digital supply chains using block chain technology on July 26. More HERE.
- Join Nuffield Australia for their National Conference in Brisbane from 17-21 September. The event will showcase the 2018 Scholars’ ability to learn from farmers around the globe and sow the seeds of change that see individuals, businesses and wider industry flourish. Details HERE.
- Find out what to expect from new gas industry activity at one of the Gasfield Commission’s upcoming workshops in Tara, Meandarra, Moura and Emerald. The workshops cover the different phases and activities and each attendee will receive a copy of The Gas Guide. Register HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.