- QFF is calling on the state government to extend its election commitment of a 50 per cent reduction in irrigation water charges for horticulture growers to all irrigation customers of Sunwater, Seqwater, Local Management Authorities and other water providers. Read the QFF media release HERE.
- QFF has serious equity concerns regarding the decision to offer different discounts to different commodities and to omit some irrigators altogether based on their water provider. Read QFF’s Queensland Country Life column HERE.
- “The FarmReady Hub allows people to complete a basic induction into working on a farm and makes sure they are prepared.” QFF Workforce Policy Advisor Diana Saunders spoke to Bundaberg Today about the program for jobseekers looking for farm work. Read the article HERE.
- QFF has partnered with AutoTender to give you free access to their Wholesale Pricing and Automatic Tendering platform. Choose any vehicle make or manufacturer and let the power of their fleet dealer network go to work for you. Sign up HERE.
- Are you currently on a gap year, or have you taken a gap year in the past five years? Complete our 2-minute survey to tell us about your work and go in the draw to win one of two $200 pre-paid visa cards! Participate HERE.
- The participants in the latest edition of the Australian cotton industry’s premier leadership initiative – the Australian Future Cotton Leaders Program – have been announced. Read more from Cotton Australia and the Cotton Research and Development Corporation HERE.
- The Queensland Dairyfarmers’ Organisation has commended the Federal Government and the ACCC’s dedication to unravelling the underlying issues in the national dairy industry over the last 12 months. Read their thoughts on a recent report on the Dairy Code HERE.
- Nominations for the inaugural General Jeffery Soil Health Award are now open for any individual farmer, land manager, extension specialist or educator who is making an exceptional contribution to soil health in Australia. Nominate before 31 March HERE.
- Join N-Drip for a live demonstration of their gravity-powered micro-irrigation system in action presented in cotton and sorghum fields at Nangwee on Thursday, 4 February. Details about N-Drip HERE and register for their field day HERE.
- The Heart of Australia clinic on wheels is hitting the road to provide specialist medical services to regional, rural and remote area communities across Queensland. Check out their schedule HERE to find out when they’re coming to a town near you this month.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.