- The National Water Grid must be led by objective, pragmatic people who understand what is happening on the ground if it is to realise strategic and long-term benefits for irrigated agriculture. Read QFF’s QCL column HERE.
- QFF CEO Travis Tobin recently spoke to Rural Queensland Today about the federal election result and the importance of consulting with the agriculture industry when establishing the National Water Grid. Listen HERE.
- QFF is looking for an extension officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of energy technology and agricultural businesses. They will be working with our Energy Savers team to assist farmers to reduce their energy costs. Details HERE.
- Are you passionate about agriculture and the Great Barrier Reef? Three paid graduate positions are available in three different host organisations in the Burdekin region for 12 months. Applications will remain open until filled, don’t delay! Details HERE.
- Over 100 brands, retailers and NGOs came together with cotton scientists, farmers and industry to learn about Australia’s sustainable cotton industry at QFF industry member Cotton Australia’s Better Cotton Initiative Forum in Sydney recently. More information HERE.
- Paul Schembri, Chairman of QFF industry member CANEGROWERS has again invited Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk to visit his farm and talk to growers about the dangers of the proposed additional Reef regulations. Read his letter to the editor HERE.
- Did you know that ‘poultry nutritionist’ is not only a real job but also one of the most important in the chicken meat industry? Find out more from peak body Australian Chicken Meat Federation’s Chook Chat article HERE.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available for Queensland’s Nature Refuge landholders to support their invaluable work maintaining nature refuges on their properties. Applications close on Friday 21 June 2019. Details HERE.
- Are you a farmer wanting to understand what’s really happening on your farm? The Rural Jobs and Skills Allianceand TAFE Queensland are holding Embracing Digital Innovation in the Agricultural Sector workshops in Townsville, Mackay, Emerald, Bundaberg and Dalby in the coming months. Register now!
- Registrations for the Irrigation Australia Landscape Irrigation Conference & Exhibition are now open. The event, held on the Gold Coast from 18-20 June 2019, brings together the urban irrigation sector to see the latest water efficient products and hear from leading industry experts. Details HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.