- QFF has congratulated the Bundaberg Regional Irrigators Group for receiving the Best Agricultural Energy Efficiency Project Award sponsored by QFF at the Energy Efficiency Council’s National Energy Efficiency Awards 2020. Read the media statement HERE.
- Many stressful decisions are made in the immediate aftermath of natural disasters. But an interruption also serves as an opportunity to make changes to practices, products or improve business strategies. Read QFF’s Queensland Country Life column HERE.
- The 2019-20 year has been another positive year for QFF as we continued to effectively advocate for sectorwide issues and secure positive outcomes despite unprecedented challenges. We think our record speaks for itself, read our 2019-20 Annual Report HERE.
- QFF industry member Growcom has welcomed the release by the major supermarkets of their very first annual reports on ethical sourcing required under the Modern Slavery Act 2018. Read the media statement HERE.
- Cotton Australia and the National Farmers’ Federation are encouraging all cropping farmers to play their part in preventing off-target spray drift damage by mapping their fields in SataCrop this season. SataCrop is an all-of-agriculture online mapping platform for growers to use. Read more HERE.
- CANEGROWERS Maryborough says the announcement from MSF Sugar that it will stop operating the Maryborough Mill and instead arrange for contracted sugarcane to be crushed elsewhere ends six months of uncertainty and speculation for growers. More HERE.
- The Australian Government is encouraging applications from farming groups, research organisations and other eligible industry bodies for grants to support projects that enhance traceability in the agricultural produce supply chain. Apply HERE.
- Applications for the 2021 AgriFutures Australia Horizon Scholarship Program are now open. The scholarship gives university students entering their final two years of study, support to help them broaden their horizons and accelerate their careers. More information and apply HERE.
- Food Innovation Australia Ltd has identified 19 Growth Opportunities and developed Roadmaps, which if pursued could unlock over $200B for food and agribusiness on a value-add basis by 2030. They are now seeking feedback from stakeholders. Have your say HERE.
- This Saturday, 5 December 2020 is World Soil Day which aims to raise awareness of the importance of the importance of healthy soil and to advocate for the sustainable management of soil resources. For more information and to participate, click HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.