- QFF CEO Dr Georgina Davis said that while the Queensland Government had delivered on its election commitments, this year’s Budget was again a missed opportunity to address some critical competitiveness and productivity issues, and exciting growth opportunities for the sector. Read QFF’s media statement HERE.
- With more living individual organisms in a tablespoon of soil than there are people on the earth, we all have a part to play to ensure the health of our soils. Read QFF’s Queensland Country Life column HERE.
- Farmers belonging to any of QFF’s 21 industry members can now sign up for a Bunnings PowerPass through the QFF Member Benefits Portal to access exclusive pricing on Charcoal Matrix Floor Panels this Christmas! Find more information about this offer HERE.
- QFF Industry member Cotton Australia has proudly launched its new virtual reality (VR) education resource – an immersive video that takes viewers onto a cotton farm from the comfort of their home. Find more information HERE.
- Industry peak organisation CANEGROWERS has teamed up with TAFE Queensland and the Rural Jobs Skills Alliance to create a course aimed at improving farm profitability called Pricing Essentials for Cane Growers and is encouraging sugarcane growers to register. Details HERE.
- The horticulture industry has most recently been absorbing the news of the arrival in Australia of the serpentine leafminer. First confirmed as present in Western Sydney in early November, it has since been detected in South East Queensland. Read more from QFF industry member Growcom HERE.
- The risks are real and many families are a little dysfunctional. Grief can heighten dysfunctional conduct so appropriate planning is essential for financial security to be provided for family members in the manner intended. Read more from QFF corporate partner Holding Redlich HERE.
- The Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy is hosting a free Online Resource Community Info Session next Thursday 10th December (beginning at 3pm AEST) where you can learn about resource activities in the Wide Bay, Burnett or Banana Shire Council areas. More information and register HERE.
- The Queensland Government has put together specially-tailored natural disaster guides to help producers protect their property, business, livestock and crops. To view the guides, click HERE and search for ‘natural disasters’ and ‘preparing animals for natural disasters’.
- Will your family be using quad bikes over the Christmas holidays? Experience and riding safely is one thing, but how prepared are you for the unexpected? Make sure you’re ride ready before heading out with Workplace Health and Safety Queensland HERE.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.