- Is your agribusiness looking to increase its digital capacity? QFF are calling for expressions of interest from agribusinesses who are interested in hosting an AgTech Officer as part of our new work placement program. Express your interest here by Friday, 6 October 2023.
- Ag Jobs Queensland is now available in the Apple and Android app stores, offering users job search, shortlisting, and alert features on their mobile devices, as well as access to industry resources, news, and employer profiles. Last month alone, Ag Jobs Queensland had over 4000 active users. Reach these active job seekers from as little as $59+GST per month here.
- QFF recently made a submission to the State Development and Regional Industries Committee’s Inquiry into the Impact of Climate Change on Queensland Agricultural Production. Read it here.
- The National Farmers’ Federation has launched a nationwide survey asking farmers for their say on opportunities and challenges facing the agriculture sector to support their engagement efforts with government. The survey is open until 17 September. Participate here.
- In this short video Channa Seneviratne, Executive – Technology Development and Innovation at Telstra, breaks down the upcoming closure of the 3G network and what it means for those still using 3G devices. To learn more about the closure and what it means for you visit Telstra’s website here.
- Queensland agricultural production has been identified as a key end market for products manufactured from recycled organic materials. The Australian Organics Recycling Association and QFF are conducting a survey to enable the Queensland organic recycling industry to create products that meet the ag sector’s specifications. Respond here by Friday, 29 September.
- Canegrowers is calling on Sugar Terminals Limited (STL) to let grower shareholders have their say on the company’s controversial decision to insource terminal operations and sever a longstanding and successful relationship with Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL). Read more here.
- Do you struggle to find authentic Australian agricultural visuals for your marketing? Looking for a constant supply of quality image and video downloads to connect with your clients? Subscribe to AgriShots to help grow your business.Browse the entire collection and sign up here.
- TheAgriFutures Chicken Meat Program RD&E Plan (2022-2027) has been developed to address the issues and opportunities facing the industry, to grow the long-term prosperity of the Australian chicken meat industry. To ensure this goal is achieved, AgriFutures Australia is currently seeking research proposals to address the RD&E plan’s investment priorities. Respond here by Monday, 18 September.
- Queensland’s flood-affected primary producers, small businesses and not-for-profit organisations will now have more time to apply for extraordinary disaster assistance, in response to the monsoonal floods that inundated the north-west in early 2023. Applications will stay open until Friday, 29 December 2023.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.