- Cotton Australia has opened nominations for the 2023 Australian Cotton Industry Awards. The awards recognise the innovation, commitment and research that goes into cotton production, while demonstrating the sustainability of growers. Nominations are now closed.
- The Land Restoration Fund (LRF) has opened a third investment round, with up to $50 million available for high-quality carbon farming projects. Up to $10 million in funding will be available per project. The LRF has partnered with NRM Regions Queensland and the Queensland Farmers’ Federation on a number of upcoming workshops to discuss these carbon farming opportunities and the eligibility details for the latest investment round.
- Telstra has announced a world first extension to their 5G coverage, with a new software that extends the maximum cell range from 15km to 100km. This is a significant breakthrough for rural and regional customers. Learn more about Telstra’s 5G developments here.
- EastAusMilk are calling on the federal government to follow the international lead of the European Court of Justice and the United States to prevent mislabelling of non-dairy products as ‘milk.’ Read more here.
- Following the Easter Bunny’s recent visit to Queensland, QFF and Queensland Fruit and Vegetable Growers (QFVG) are reminding farmers to remain vigilant of unwanted rabbits. Rabbits are spread throughout Queensland and are a serious biosecurity risk to horticultural producers, native vegetation, and landscapes. Read the full media release here.
- QFF has made a submission to the Senate Standing Committee on Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport regarding the closure of regional banks throughout Queensland. Read more here. QFF is urging the Senate Committee to consider the impact closing regional branches will have on the agriculture sector and broader regional communities.
- RCS Australia are offering QFF peak body members and their members 10% off their Early Bird and Standard prices for their upcoming Business Fundamentals Workshop Brisbane 23 – 25 May 2023. This three-day workshop will provide participants with practical, actionable steps you can take to enable more effective use of your office time.
- AgFunder have released a new report on the global investment in AgriFoodTech. While total investment into startups has declined since record-breaking 2021 levels, several categories have grown, including ag biotech, farm management software, bioenergy and IoT.
- Bec Fing from House Paddock Training is presenting a free human resourcing webinar for agriculture employers on Wednesday 3 May covering workforce planning, recruitment, performance management and more. QFF’s Industry Workforce Advisor Kym Wessling will also be online to discuss the $5000 Workforce Connect Fund grant available for Queensland businesses to access HR support. More here.
- Business Chamber Queensland’s Pulse Survey is seeking your insights to understand potential future growth opportunities in Queensland. The Business Chamber takes the business sentiments of respondents to inform advocacy efforts at a state and federal policy level. Take the survey here.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.