- We’re sharing our story of building drought resilience at the Future Drought Fund’s 2023 Science to Practice Forum, hosted by ABC Landline’s Pip Courtney. QFF’s Kerry Battersby, Project Manager for Risk, Recovery and Resilience, will speak on Wednesday, 7 June about improving the odds for farm profitability. The 2023 Science to Practice Forum is held online and is free to attend. Register here.
- Cotton Australia’s Teach the Teacher program is providing valuable educational resources and information for teachers to share with their students. Local teachers recently visited Dirranbandi as a record-breaking cotton crop was being picked. See more here.
- QFF’s corporate partner RCS Australia is hosting a three-day Soil Carbon Roadshow in Queensland, visiting Emerald, Rolleston, and Biloela respectively from Tuesday, 6 June to Thursday, 8 June. Each event will cover what soil organic carbon is, how it is measured, the associated economics, and insights from successful carbon farming projects around Australia.
- Members of the Australian Cane Farmers Association are invited to attend the 2023 Annual General Meeting on Monday, 5 June 2023. Please RSVP by Friday, 2 June. Call 07 3211 0022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your attendance. More information here.
- Eat your way around the Scenic Rim this June for Eat Local Month. This festival of food and farming features hands-on workshops and masterclasses, farm tours and open days, meet the producer opportunities, and exclusive dining experiences hosted by some of Queensland’s finest chefs. Learn more here.
- iPhone 14 users can now connect with emergency services when cellular and Wi-Fi coverage are not available, as Apple rolls out its Emergency SOS safety service in Australia. Learn more here.
- The Queensland Government’s Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water is seeking public consultation for their review of the Gold Coast water plan and Logan water plan. The Department will be accepting submissions until 5pm on Friday, 21 July 2023.
- The Royal Flying Doctor Service is increasing access to mental health services in regional and rural Queensland through the development and distribution of their new book ‘Mental Health and Wellbeing on the Land’. You can download a free PDF copy or register for a physical copy here.
- Powerlink has developed a new framework – the SuperGrid Landholder Payment Framework – that outlines the compensation process for landholders hosting new transmission infrastructure. Learn more here.
- Applications are now open for the Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards, celebrating the achievements of Queensland businesses across categories including Agribusiness, Food and Beverages, Resources and Energy, and Regional Exports. Applications close Friday, 9 June. Learn more here.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.