- Would you like to better understand your on-farm energy consumption, identify potential savings, and lower your emissions? QFF are looking for growers and producers in the Southern Downs and Goondiwindi regional council areas to participate in our free EnergySQ program. Read more here.
- Join QFF, the Prince’s Trust Australia and Tony Rossi – winner of the Prince’s Trust Australia Environment Leadership – Reef Sustainability Award at the 2022 Reef Champion Awards – for a farm open day. Visit Tony’s farm in Aloomba, outside Cairns, on Sunday, 2 June to see how he improves soil health and utilises sustainable environmental practices on-farm. Register here.
- Key findings have been released from a pilot scheme investigating the viability of collecting and recycling agricultural plastics used for weed management and irrigation in the Queensland horticulture industry. Read more here.
- A recent regulatory review of CSG-induced subsidence was undertaken by the GasFields Commission Queensland (GFCQ), which resulted in a number of recommendations being submitted to the Queensland Government. The government has considered the GFCQ review on subsidence and supports six recommendations in full, and two recommendations in principle, subject to further investigation. Read more here.
- Business Chamber Queensland, in partnership with Australian Retirement Trust, BDO and Queensland University of Technology, invites you to the 2023 Federal Budget Business Briefing with the Hon Dr Jim Chalmers MP on May 12, 2023, at the Royal International Convention Centre. Find tickets here.
- QFF will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday, 30 May to demonstrate Ag Job Queensland’s features for job seekers. If you are looking for your next role in agriculture, be sure to attend and please share the event with your networks. Register here.
- The Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is hosting a free webinar on chicken gut health on Thursday, 11 May, as part of the AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program. Learn more and register here.
- Individual information sessions are available for landholders who intend to apply for the Land Restoration Fund (LRF) Investment Round 3. The individual information sessions will run until Friday, 19 May, giving applicants 30 minutes of face time with Land Restoration Fund team members via a Teams online video chat. More information here.
- QFF members can save on Mobil fuels available through a growing network of Mobil branded and 7-Eleven service stations. With zero card fees and great savings, add a Mobil Card to your wallet today and start saving! Register here.
- The ACCC is inviting submissions from interested parties on Coles’ proposed acquisition of two fresh milk processing facilities from Saputo. Submissions close Tuesday, 23 May 2023. More information here.
10 Things to know
Subscribe to QFF’s weekly ’10 things to know’ e-bulletin stay up to date with the latest news affecting Queensland agriculture.
Get ’10 things to know’ weekly direct to your inbox.