The Queensland Government has announced rebates for businesses of up to 50% of the cost of installing new energy efficient equipment.
Eligible businesses will be able to claim up to $12,500 cash back, with a minimum spend of $8000 (GST exclusive) to receive the minimum rebate of $4000.
Energy-efficient equipment eligible for the rebate includes:
- eligible consumer appliances – 4-star energy rating or better
- energy efficient commercial refrigerator or freezer (e.g. walk-in refrigerator, refrigerated display case, refrigerated vending machine)
- an electronically commutated fan motor if the installation is to replace another type of fan motor
- LED lighting
- lighting controls: a motion sensor, light level sensor or timer for lighting appliance
- efficient motors: a motor classified in the IE3 or IE4 category under the IEC standard, if the installation is to replace the IE1 or IE2 category under this standard
- a variable-speed air compressor
- a variable-speed chiller if the installation is to replace a fixed-drive chiller
- a variable-speed drive unit for a pump or fan.
Full eligibility requirements can be found on the Department of Energy and Public Works website here.
Farms that have not received funding under previous energy savers programs may wish to use the rebate to implement audit findings through having an energy audit which is not a requirement for the funding.
Funds are available to Queensland small to medium enterprises (SMEs) which means they have employee numbers of 2 – 199.
You can review QFF’s Energy Savers case studies here.
Farms in the Southern Downs, Western Downs, Toowoomba and Goondiwindi regional councils areas also eligible to QFF’s Energy Southern Queensland (EnergySQ) program for a free energy assessment. For more information, please visit the project page here.