The draft Queensland Low Emissions Agriculture Roadmap 2022-32 provides a framework for Queensland to become a world-leader in low emissions production and land sector carbon opportunities.
This will be achieved through:
- research, development and adoption of low emissions production systems
- support for agribusinesses along the supply chain to make climate-informed business decisions through education, training and skills
- integrated actions across government to support the implementation of inter-related climate action initiatives.
There are five focus areas for action:
- Livestock emissions
- Cropping and horticulture emissions
- On-farm energy opportunities
- Carbon farming and land management
- Regions and supply chains
Please have your say on the draft roadmap by visiting Department of Agriculture and Fisheries | Queensland Low Emissions Agriculture Roadmap 2022-32 consultation (engagementhub.com.au) before 10 August 2022.
See how our farms that participated in our Energy Savers Program are reducing emissions with energy efficiency and on farms renewables. See our case studies HERE.