About Queensland Farmers’ Federation
The Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF) is the united voice of intensive and irrigated agriculture in Queensland. It is a federation that represents the interests of peak state and national agriculture industry organisations which in turn collectively represent more than 13,000 primary producers across the state.
About the role
This is a part time (FTE 0.8/four days a week) fixed term role with an immediate start date and ending on 30 June 2024. The role can be based in QFF’s Toowoomba or Brisbane office.
The primary purpose of the Industry Recovery and Resilience Officer (IRRO) is to provide delivery of operational activities for the Industry Recovery and Resilience Program delivered by QFF.
The Program aims to:
- support primary producers impacted by the 2021 and 2022 Queensland flood events
- assist with recovery activities
- build resilience to future flood events.
The IRRO will ensure smooth and satisfactory delivery of the project outputs, manage activities within a defined budget and work collaboratively with fellow IRROs, delivery partners and key stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support for primary producers for short, medium and longer-term recovery needs following the cumulative flood events in Queensland of 2021 and 2022, including to develop industry-specific, risk-based, on-farm flood management plans.
- Increasing the awareness of existing support available to primary producers across all levels of government as well as services available via third parties.
- Increasing the awareness for primary producers that support is available for mental health concerns for both their staff and themselves.
- Providing technical advice to support primary producers in creating Farm Business Resilience Plans.
- Linking with industry, producer groups and community networks, including fostering a strong relationship with the 23 Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement (DRFA) activated Local Government Authorities.
QFF are looking for someone with:
- Experience in natural disaster recovery, preferably within the agriculture or small business sector.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement within an agriculture industry or peak industry body.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government grant funding programs and the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
- Understanding of key concepts of risk, business continuity, resilience and insurance in the context of an agriculture business.
- Evidence of experience in disaster recovery, preferably with knowledge of flood impact on agriculture
- Experience in delivery of events, workshops and online webinars.
For more information
To learn more about the role, and for a copy of the Position Description (PD), please contact QFF Project Manager, Kerry Battersby via email email@example.com