- Over 300 cane growers in the Wet Tropics have taken advantage of whole-farm nutrient management plans to better match nutrient inputs to crop requirements, increase understanding of their soils and in some cases save money. More information about the Wet Tropics Sugar Industry Partnership project HERE.
- Last chance to explore the Australia’s underwater icon, the Great Barrier Reef, with scUber the world’s first rideshare submarine experience. The scUber experience will be available for a limited number of riders to request through the Uber app until June 18, 2019. More details HERE.
- A highly detailed 3D map of the Great Barrier Reef seafloor produced under the Tropical Water Quality Hub is now available to the marine science community. Access the map HERE to uncover the ocean floor in greater detail than ever before.
- Feedback is being sought on the proposed Methodology for Accounting Reduction in Nutrient Run-off through Managed Fertiliser Application for use under the Reef Credit Standard. Submissions close July 4, 2019.
- Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef has partnered with Nickelodeon Australia and BioPixel to launch the Junior Citizens program and bring ocean conservation to kids across Australia. Children can climb aboard and support a healthy and thriving GBR HERE.
The Reef Alliance project is funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.