- The Great Barrier Reef Foundation have released their Investment Strategy that will guide delivery of the six-year Reef Trust Partnership. The Strategy provides for water quality; reef restoration and adaptation science; Crown-of-Thorns Starfish Control; Integrated Monitoring and Reporting; and Traditional Owner and Community Reef Protection.
- Are you passionate about agriculture and making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef? This is your opportunity to be mentored by experts to gain skills and support farmers to improve their land management practices. Applications have been extended until Tuesday, 5 February 2019, submit yours HERE.
- The Office of the Great Barrier Reef has launched a survey for agricultural extension officers to better understand the benefits and challenges of landholders’ changing their farming practices and improve the way agricultural practice projects are designed and delivered. Complete the survey HERE.
- The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is hosting a two day Think Tank for extension officers working in Reef catchments in Townsville in March. This innovative event will explore ways of improving extension practice to enable greater change and improve land management. To register, or to find out more click HERE.
- The Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries has created a new demonstration site at Barratta Creek in the Burdekin. Learn more about the newly constructed wetland treatment system for testing out the effectiveness in intercepting water that comes from agricultural run off to improve reef water quality HERE.
The Reef Alliance project is funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.