- 2018 Reef Champion Award finalist Ray Zamora welcomed Terrain NRM onto his cane farm in the wet tropics to discuss the benefits that mixed species cover cropping has had on his soils. Watch the video HERE to find out more.
- The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is hosting a two-day Think Tank for extension officers working in Reef catchments in Townsville this May. It starts with a half-day peer-to-peer training workshop followed by a one-and-a-half-day ‘Unconference’. It’s free and includes plenty of networking opportunities. To register, or to find out more click HERE.
- James Cook University is calling for volunteers to help map the seafloor around the Great Barrier Reef using a Smart Log USB data logger. The aim is to use the new depth data to improve the accuracy of the 3D depth model of the Great Barrier Reef. Click HERE to get involved.
- The Australian Institute of Marine Science’s research vessel Solander has been in Queensland waters for the first time, helping scientists conduct a 25-day health check of remote far northern reefs. Read more about the voyage HERE.
- Have you met the Reef’s ‘Great Eight’? These top eight living, breathing icons of the Great Barrier Reef are featured for their unique attributes and importance to the Reef. We’ve ticked off six from the list, how many have you seen?
The Reef Alliance project is funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.