- A canegrower reducing nitrogen use, a farm implementing regenerative grazing principles, a student education program, and a marine biologist campaigning to reduce ocean waste are among the finalists in the 2018 Reef Champion Awards. Read the media statement and learn more about the finalists HERE.
- Enhanced extension coordination is a new program developing a training program to further improve the capability of those providing extension services to farmers. The first step is to determine which skills are most important, if you’re involved with delivering extension services, please complete the survey HERE.
- Are you interested in hosting an extension trainee for a year? QFF is looking for up to six host organisations to mentor early career extension officers as part of the Agricultural Work Placement Program. Applications close 2 November 2018, visit HERE for more information.
- Congratulations to Southern Cross University’s Professor Peter Harrison and Queensland University of Technology‘s Professor Matt Dunbabin who have been crowned the winners of The Tiffany & Co Foundation’s Out Of The Blue Box Reef Innovation Challenge! Learn more about their idea HERE.
- The recently announced Resilient Reefs initiative will build the capacity of the Great Barrier Reef to respond to climate change. Coral reef managers will work with global resilience experts and local community stakeholders to build and embed holistic resilience into managing World Heritage coral reef sites. Details HERE.
The Reef Alliance project is funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.