- The winners of the 2018 Reef Champion Awards have been announced, shining a light on leaders in on-farm practices and extension who are working to reduce and manage agriculture’s impact on the Great Barrier Reef. Meet the winners HERE.
- Applications for Stage One of the Great Barrier Reef Foundation’s Reef Water Quality Improvement Grant Program are now open. Existing and proven projects of up to up to $20 million to improve water quality on the Great Barrier Reef must apply by Monday 10 December 2018 HERE.
- The Reef Credit Scheme is an innovative, market-based solution offering a new way to improve the quality of water entering the Great Barrier Reef. The Reef Credit Secretariat is seeking comment on the draft Reef Credit Standard and Reef Credit Guide. Submit your feedback by Wednesday 12 December 2018 HERE.
- Scientists are undertaking the largest and most complicated coral regeneration attempt ever undertaken on the Great Barrier Reef during the recent coral spawning event in an unprecedented new project designed to give coral the best chance at life. Details HERE.
- The ongoing outbreak of coral-eating crown-of-thorns starfish and possible marine heatwaves are the biggest concerns for the Great Barrier Reef this summer, according to Australia’s leading marine experts. Find out more HERE.
The Reef Alliance project is funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.