- A $60 million Federal Government investment will support world-first research, to provide initatives for farmers and boost the number of vessels targeting crown-of-thorns starfish to help secure the viability of the Great Barrier Reef and the 64,000 jobs it supports. Details HERE.
- The Australian and Queensland Governments have launched an Innovation Challenge to help generate new ideas to protect the Reef. Innovators can apply for a share of up to $1 million. Details HERE.
- Three Tully growers will trial new satellite technology to address crop yield variations within blocks – and they hope it will be a win-win for their businesses and the environment. Full article by Reef Alliance members Terrain NRM HERE.
- Have your say on the latest Consultation Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) that outlines the Queensland Government’s plan to broaden and enhance reef protection regulations. Provide feedback before 19 February HERE.
- Are you ready to pledge your support for the Great Barrier Reef in 2018, the third International Year of the Reef? The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority is encouraged everyone to get involved by taking environmental actions at home, work and school by attending Reef events this year.
The Reef Alliance project is funded by the Australian Government and delivered through the Reef Trust.