- Following the Queensland Department of Agriculture & Fisheries Project Management Office consultation process in first half of 2019, the Central West Queensland Remote Area Planning & Development Board (RADAD) initial proposal to submit a pre-feasibility report (prepared by Price Waterhouse Coopers consultants) was approved on 9 December 2019. Details HERE.
- Most COVID-19 workforce opportunities will be located across the regional areas of Queensland with roles available for both skilled and unskilled workers. The challenge of delivering quality training and to ensure that the intended workforce has the skills needed is the key for responding to the disruptions that is expected due to the border and community restrictions. The RJSA explains HERE.
- This week we’re celebrating the fruits of those working in Queensland’s diverse agricultural industries’ labour! With Labour Day recently, the RJSA is answering your questions about the varied career opportunities offered by the agriculture sector and how far they can take you. Watch this VIDEO to find out.
- Recent graduate of the Agriculture Extension Work Placement Program, Harry James gives three reasons why his involvement in the program and work with Cape York Natural Resource Management was awesome. Check out the video HERE.
- New measures to help agribusiness and commercial fisheries access seasonal workers during the COVID-19 pandemic are now in effect. These changes ensure seasonal work can continue so Queensland’s food supplies are secure while meeting COVID-19 public health directions. Details HERE.
- Queenslanders whose employment has been impacted by COVID-19 and are now looking for work, can register their details, location and skills to be matched with suitable job opportunities in priority sectors and locations most in need by professional recruitment agencies. Register for Jobs Finder Queensland HERE.
- In a series detailing the workforce development and training available at various farming operations across Queensland, the RJSA spoke to Darwalla Group about the job opportunities they offer and the career progression they provide for their staff. Read more HERE.
- CEO Nursery and Garden Industry Queensland Ian Atkinson has been elected as Chair of the RJSA. Under his leadership, the Alliance will continue to provide advice on employment, skills, industry training and workforce planning issues on behalf of Queensland’s agriculture industries. More HERE.
- The team at Toowoomba and Surat Basin Enterprise Food Leaders Australia are helping local businesses find opportunities and, in particular, advocate for what they need to make sure they can access markets as quickly as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. More information HERE.
- The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) with Growcom and the RJSA undertook a survey of Queensland enterprises to estimate seasonal labour demand for the six month period from April 2020 to September 2020. The results of the industry surveys, where valid responses were received, combined with DAF analysis have been finalised. Read more and have your say HERE.
QFF Project Manager Rural Jobs and Skills Alliance
07 3837 4726