- Registered training organisations RTOs, VET stakeholders and government agencies are invited to join the RJSA for online webinars on November 4 and 10 exploring new ways to build a sustainable training sector that meets the demands of Queensland’s agricultural workforce. More information and register HERE.
- Join the RJSA, TAFE Queensland and leading industry partners for a webinar series offering farm information and insights in November. Including sessions on connecting your devices to your paddock, internet accessibility and protecting against malicious cyber activity. Register HERE.
- On the recent International Day of Rural Women, QFF called on all political parties ahead of the state election to support the participation of a diverse agricultural workforce. Read QFF’s media statement HERE.
- Are you interested in hosting an extension trainee for a year? QFF is looking for up to eight host organisations to mentor early career extension officers as part of the Agricultural Work Placement Program. For more information click HERE.
- Eight paid positions for early-career advisors and/or graduates are available in different host organisations across the Great Barrier Reef catchments for 15 months through the Agriculture Work Placement Program. Click HERE for more information and email email@example.com to express your interest.
- EY have concluded an analysis of our casual and unskilled labour situation, and found a shortage of workers between now and mid next year ranging from 36 to 59 per cent, with a peak next March. Read the report HERE.
- A range of seasonal agriculture jobs are up for the picking across Queensland, with working-holiday makers and Queenslanders seeking employment encouraged to work and explore their way around the state. Now’s the time to pick Queensland. Get involved HERE.
- RJSA members Nursery & Garden Industry Queensland and TABMA have partnered to offer their members an opportunity to employ an apprentice or upskill existing workers with a wage subsidy through the federal government’s Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements program. Details HERE.
- The RJSA management team now includes the new Industry Skills Advisory (ISA) member, this position is filled by Rod Morris. The role is a contract with the Queensland Government reporting to and engaging with the Department of Education Small Business and Training. For more information, click HERE.
QFF Project Manager Rural Jobs and Skills Alliance
07 3837 4726