- Are you a farmer wanting to understand what’s really happening on your farm? Register for the RJSA and Central Queensland University Data Driven Decisions Workshops in Dalby, Bundaberg, Emerald and Ayr now!
- RTOs delivering training to the industry will explore new ways to build a sustainable training sector that meets the demands of Queensland agriculture’s current and future workforce at RJSA’s VET: Working together to Build the Future Queensland Agriculture Workforce Forum on November 26. Register HERE.
- Industry stakeholders are invited to have their say on how to build a Queensland vocational education and training sector that will deliver job-ready graduates for current and emerging occupations in the labour market. Read the Skills for Queensland paper HERE and share your views HERE by 19 October.
- RJSA has secured Government funding for the next three years and has completed a whole-of-sector strategic plan for the future of the initiative. This strategic plan will guide the RJSA’s work for the next three years to pursue its aim to help the industry ensure a sustainable workforce. Take a look at the plan HERE.
- Irrigation Australia is now a member of RJSA! The peak national body representing the Australian irrigation industry in all sectors will join our Alliance to ensure a sustainable agricultural workforce for Queensland. If your organisation is interested in becoming part of the RJSA, get in touch!
- RJSA has now become a Career Harvest partner and associate member member of Primary Industries Education Foundation Australia (PIEFA)! RJSA will work with PIEFA to educate students about food production in Australia and the careers available within our industry.
- Year 9 students from Bundaberg Christian College recently visited a local cane and peanut farm to learn about irrigation methods, crop maintenance and farm management with several now considering career pathways in the sugar industry. Find out more about the visit HERE.
- The School to Industry Partnership Program (SIPP) has continued to engage with primary and secondary students and their agricultural science teachers to highlight the importance of agriculture in their everyday lives with Ag Inspirations tours. Details HERE.
- Students from Bundaberg Christian College have utilised drone technology to produce a Normalised Difference Vegetation Index for a Bundaberg Macadamia farm and analyse the photosynthetic activity of plants. Learn more HERE.
- RJSA and its Pilot Agricultural Capacity Building Program, together with the Reef Alliance and supported by the Queensland and Australian Governments, recently hosted a forum for reef extension practitioners in Townsville. Find out what happened HERE.
- With the Pilot Agricultural Capacity Building Program now complete, read about the great work done to increase ongoing capacity in extension services to better support landholders in Reef catchments HERE.
QFF Policy Officer Workforce Planning
07 3837 4726