- The Future Farming Masterclasses at the Bundaberg Fruit & Vegetable Growers (BVFG) Agri-Hub were a real hit at Agrotrend! Featuring presentations and demonstrations of robotic, drone and sensor technology applications for farming systems, there was something for everyone. More HERE.
- Reef agriculture extension graduate Zoe Eagger shares her story working for Farmacist in Mackay, beginning with no sugarcane experience to now actively participating in innovative research projects. Read what she has learnt HERE.
- The future of farming is here, but digital skills and capabilities is an identified gap across the agriculture value chain. RJSA is learning about the skills that will help the industry to be better at adopting and integrating innovation within their farm operations. Read more HERE.
- RJSA is conducting interviews with producers and stakeholders in the agriculture industry about the training and skilling needs of our future workforce – if you want to get involved, please click HERE to register your interest and someone will contact you shortly.
- The 2017-18 Annual VET Investment Plan Market Performance Review investigated whether agriculture’s Rural Operations qualifications were delivering outcomes for students and industry commensurate with their level of public investment. Read RJSA’s findings HERE.
- Rural Jobs and Skills Alliance (RJSA) is hosting Monitoring and Evaluation Workshops for extension practitioners. Learn about the tools, templates, technology and protocols of the trade at their Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Innisfail and Ayr sessions. Register now!
- Queensland industries and government recently met to focus on building diverse and inclusive workplaces. The forum built a picture of what a diverse workforce can look like, how it can contribute to business and social outcomes, and what resources are available to support inclusive strategies. More HERE.
- The 2018-19 Federal Budget included funding for an expanded ABARES study into seasonal agriculture labour demand and supply. The study will help meet labour force needs and ensure farmers can get their produce from the paddock to the plate. More details HERE.
QFF Policy Officer Workforce Planning
07 3837 4726