Farmers and irrigators should regularly check their tariffs to make sure they are on the most suitable tariff.
Audits undertaken during the Energy Savers program throughout Queensland have identified opportunities for farmers to save money by reviewing their tariffs: case studies highlighting tariff opportunities are available HERE.
South east Queensland: Electricity Retail is deregulated in South East Queensland and electricity customers can shop around for the best deal. Know what your charges are so you can make an informed choice when comparing. Small businesses can start with the Energy Made Easy website
Regional Queensland: Most electricity customers in Regional Queensland purchase their electricity from Ergon Energy. Ergon Energy’s tariffs are here:
- Rural Tariffs (Transitional)
- Small Business Tariffs (consuming less than 100MWh per year)
- Large Business Tariffs
- Solar Feed-in Tariff for Regional Queensland
DROUGHT RELIEF FROM ELECTRICITY CHARGES REBATE SCHEME
The Drought Relief from Electricity Charges Scheme provides relief from supply charges on electricity accounts that are used to pump water for farm or irrigation purposes. Details and application at the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy website.
ERGON’S ENERGY ANALYSIS
Ergon’s Energy Analysis is a free resource provided by Ergon Retail to help monitor your electricity consumption. You can also:
- See your energy use history and compare use with previous years
- Generate analysis reports of energy use
- Benchmark energy use against similar businesses
- Download checklists and energy efficiency guides to help reduce energy consumption.
It’s free and easy to use as all your energy consumption data is uploaded once you register with your Ergon account number. Find out more HERE.
KNOWING YOUR BILL
Ross Anderson from Aqua Gold Consulting explained how Ergon Tariffs work at the QFF Cotton Irrigators Field Day on 7 September. See the presentation here.
TARIFF CHECK CALCULATORS
- BBIFMAC has a tariff check calculator on its website
- Ross Anderson of Aqua Gold Consulting Energy Cost Calculator